[xep-support] XEP Upgradation

Akula, Nithin akula.nithin at optum.com
Tue May 26 07:06:12 PDT 2015

Hi,

I went through the XEP User Guide and understood few things about the new XEP release. I would like to understand few things:

1) Can we use the inbuilt JAXP implementation included in Java 1.6 along with RenderX ?

2) We currently use the below parsers in our application.

                                javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl

                                javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory                org.apache.crimson.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl

                                javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory      org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl

Will we have any compatibility issues with the new version.

3) I don't find a User Guide for the current version we use which is XEP 3.5. Can you let me know if we have any ?

4) I am trying to generate the hammer.pdf given in the examples of the XEP directory with the XEP assistant and get the following error.

                [error] license check failed

[error] org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: unexpected character after document prolog (found "T") (expected "<")

Formatting failed.

   Can you let me know what's going wrong.

We will make decisions accordingly on how to move forward once we have enough information

Thanks,

| Akula Nithin | Software Engineer | OGS | Office 40 30852249 | Cell 9963716952|