[xep-support] Re: Korean and English Characters Mixed in Mono-Spaced Font

Kevin Brown kevin at renderx.com
Thu May 21 10:59:19 PDT 2015

I am not quite sure I understand the question.

Is the issue better stated as:

“The Korean font we use does not have monospaced English characters?”

Because except for punctuation, most all CJK fonts are monospaced.

If that describes your issue, then you should use:

font-family=”Courier, YourKoreanFont” and even set the font-selection-strategy=”character-by-character”

Thus any enclosed text would first use Courier if the character exists in Courier and then use “YourKoreanFont” to find the selected glyph.

<fo:block font-family="Courier, Malgun" font-selection-strategy="character-by-character">

Kevin Brown

RenderX