[xep-support] Page break conflicting with keep-with-next property

John Wilcock jwilcock at minitab.com
Tue Mar 24 05:35:37 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I have attached a zip file which better shows the issue, but in short:
without_break.fo has a 3 column layout. The first block is a 'title' which spans the 3 columns. On what would be the last item in the first column, I have added keep-with-next.within-column="always" to push the item to the next column. Everything works correctly.

with_break.fo is (almost) identical to without_break.fo other than I have applied  break-before="page" to the 'title'. Now, the keep-with-next.within-column="always" seems to have no effect and the item appears at the bottom of the first page.

Please note that obviously I do not need break-before="page" in this one-page scenario. I am trying to debug this issue with an index that appears at the back of a book. This issue happens whether or not there is content prior to the 'title'.

Is this a problem with XEP (XEP 4.18 build 20100322), or am I doing something stupid (other than the aforementioned page break on the first page)?

Thanks
John