[xep-support] Re: Maximum Java memory

Bill Bushnell Bill.Bushnell at PACCAR.com
Tue Jan 27 10:58:01 PST 2015

Thank you Hans. I appreciate the quick response to my inquiry.

I changed to setting from -Xmx1500m to -Xmx2048m and then transformed. Transform resulted in the same error.
Tried -Xmx3048m and same results.
The error hasn't changed:

     [echo] Maximum Java memory: -Xmx384m

In About:
JVM Memory Used: 84MB (3%) Total: 2709MB PermGen: 57MB/256MB

I am thinking that Kevin Brown's suggestion may be correct, that the images aren't being be found for some reason.
The note element gets the images from this folder: C:\Program Files\oXygen\frameworks\dita\img

Other images in the book are in a folder off of the project root, called "images." And those come in just fine.
The collection library where the note elements are stored in the root.
The PDF generates but the note symbol is a red X.

~ Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Xep-support [mailto:xep-support-bounces at renderx.com] On Behalf Of Hans-Peter Carpenter
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 10:07 AM
To: RenderX Community Support List
Subject: [xep-support] Re: Maximum Java memory

Hi Bill,

You need to increase the Xmx JVM parameter which defines the amount of memory your Java process can use.

See the following document for how to do just that:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-author/index.html#topics/set-parameters-for-application-launchers.html

Regards,

HANS CARPENTER

Tech Writer

http://www.redwood.com

RunMyJobs: Process Automation in the Cloud

This message may contain confidential or legally privileged information. In the event of any error in transmission, unauthorized recipients are requested to contact the sender immediately and do not disclose or make use of this information. No warranties or  assurances are made or given as to the accuracy of the information given or in relation to the safety of this e-mail and any attachments. No liability whatsoever is accepted for any consequences arising from this e-mail.

If I don't document something, it's usually either for a good reason, or a bad reason.  In this case it's [certainly for] a good reason.  :-)

Larry Wal