[xep-support] Reversing order of page rendering

Darren Munt darrenm at ardex.com.au
Mon Aug 31 01:45:55 PDT 2015

We have a document that is basically the same set of pages in both English and Arabic. The printed version of the document has the English in the left half of the booklet and Arabic in the right. The English pages run left to right, the Arabic run right to left. They meet in the middle.

At the moment I am producing these with two separate FO files providing two PDFs. These would need to be 'stitched' together in pre-press to provide a set of pages in the correct order.

Is there a way in RenderX to specify one 'section' of an FO file be rendered back to front, so last page first etc? The idea being that I could produce this as one file but have the Arabic section rendered in reverse page order, so that it's last page appears first after the last English page, and then on through its pages with the first page appearing at the end of the PDF.