[xep-support] Re: PDF comparison with Acrobat fails with PDFs generated with XEP

Vadim Peretokin Vadim.Peretokin at nehta.gov.au
Thu Oct 30 14:40:27 PDT 2014

I'd recommend trying out DiffPDF as well to see if it can compare.

On 31/10/14 02:16, Kevin Brown wrote:
Annette:

Perhaps give us a little background on what you are looking to do and possibly there are other (even better) solutions.
For example, on a recent project another company was looking for identifying differences between minor composition runs of RenderX.
We implemented a compare not of the PDFs, but of the XEP Intermediate XML format that produces the PDF. This is a much more rich comparison, not relying on a tool to attempt to interpret a final form document.

Now, I am not sure you are comparing XEP PDF to XEP PDF or ?

Kevin Brown
(650) 327-1000 Direct
(650) 328-8008 Fax
(925) 395-1772 Mobile