[xep-support] Error messages when processing PNG images

Earl Hood earl at earlhood.com
Fri Oct 17 16:54:08 PDT 2014

XEP Version: 4.23.355-2014-08-15

For some PNG graphics, I am getting the following error message
from XEP when transforming FO to PDF:

[error] com.renderx.graphics.ImageFormatException: Incorrect value for
PNGPredictor filter type (255)

The graphic still renders in the generated PDF.  A previous version of
XEP rendered the graphic as a black box.

Does the error actually indicate a problem with graphic itself, or is it
a false error that XEP is reporting?

Attached is a sample PNG that generates the message.

--ewh

P.S. In case it matters, the PNGs in question were exported from
PowerPoint.  I have not noticed any complaints from XEP on PNGs
generated from other applications.

!DSPAM:87,5441ac3110104894060402!