[xep-support] Re: PDF-links to file with id containing dot do not work

Patricia Piolon skyanth at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 04:59:27 PDT 2014

Hi RenderX,

As I sent a question a few months ago that never got an answer either
(although in that particular instance I found the cause of the problem was
my own fault so it didn't matter much in the end), I'm starting to wonder
if you guys can even see my emails to this list. Some indication that you
have at least seen my problem report would be cool.

Thanks,

-- Patricia

On 12 March 2014 13:30, Patricia Piolon <skyanth at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've noticed that pdf-to-pdf links in PDFs generated by XEP do not work if
> the id in the link contains a dot.
>
> To test:
>
> <fo:basic-link external-destination="url(file:GEN-1.7.pdf#test)">GEN 1.7
> </fo:basic-link>
>
> ^^^ works
>
> <fo:basic-link external-destination="url(file:GEN-1.7.pdf#test.1)">GEN 1.7
> </fo:basic-link>
>
> ^^^ does not (Adobe Reader says: Could not open the file
> 'GEN-1.7.pdf#test.1'.)
>
> (Obviously I took care to have the corresponding id in the target file
> every time)
>
> It seems that the bit after 'file:' gets interpreted as a filename in
> itself. I tested this in OSX with Preview and Adobe Reader and in Windows
> with Adobe Reader (in case it was a system thing), but got the same result.
>
> -- Patricia

!DSPAM:87,532835729851720663933!