[xep-support] Re: XEP and support of bookmarks.collapse parameter for PDF output

Bob Stayton bobs at sagehill.net
Tue Jan 7 10:08:09 PST 2014

I just tested XEP and it now seems to support the standard
fo:bookmark-tree and fo:bookmark elements from XSL 1.1, so that
rx:outline and rx:bookmark are no longer needed.  Since FOP and Antenna
House also support those standard bookmark elements, it seems no longer
necessary to maintain separate bookmark templates for each processor.

Can anyone tell me what version of XEP started supporting rx:bookmark
and when it was released?

--
Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs at sagehill.net

On 1/7/2014 3:13 AM, David Clunie wrote:
> Hi Bob et al
>
> I have been trying to get my PDF from Docbook bookmarks in a collpased
> state, and I noticed examining the "fop1.xsl" and "xep.xsl" stylesheets
> that the former contains handling for "bookmarks.collapse", and the
> latter does not.
>
> I customized the necessary template as in the attached file
> to follow the same pattern as used in fop1.xsl to set a "bookmarks.state"
> variable based on the "bookmarks.collapse" parameter, then used it to
> add a "starting-state" attribute to each of the "rx:bookmark" elements,
> and this seems to do the job.
>
> It would be nice to have this folded back into the a future release
> of the docbook-xsl stylesheets, since this seems generally useful.
>
> I am using docbook-xsl-1.78.1.
>
> David

!DSPAM:87,52cc42969851985913116!