[xep-support] Writing direction of retrieved marker is incorrect

Patricia Piolon ppiolon at synclude.com
Tue Oct 8 05:27:44 PDT 2013

Hi,

I've got an xsl-fo document with the following markers:

<fo:marker marker-class-name="section-name-local">عام ٠-١</fo:marker>

(In case this is not rendered correctly in my email, we're looking at
arabic text that says something like "1-0 NEG", which is the Arabic
version of section GEN 0.1, so that's correct)

For retrieval, the fo looks like this:

<fo:block font-size="100%" xml:lang="ar-EG" writing-mode="rl-tb"
font-family="FreeSans">
<fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="section-name-local"
retrieve-position="first-starting-within-page"
retrieve-boundary="page-sequence"/>
</fo:block>

In PDF though, the section name now looks like "NEG 0-1" instead of
"1-0 NEG". I can't even copy the Arabic text because if I do it's
pasted more correctly than it is in the PDF (if that makes sense). I
have a screenshot here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/581789/Screenshots/g.png - I'm talking about
the bit right below the GEN 0.1-1 in the top corner.

Can someone explain what is going on here and if it's possible to get
XEP to behave? Other Arabic text display seems mostly correct.

Thanks for your help,
-- Patricia

!DSPAM:87,5253fa5b9851999712202!