[xep-support] RenderX XEP Server : Using user-defined functions?

Nicolas Dubien renderx at dubien.org
Wed Jun 26 05:19:08 PDT 2013

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am looking for an XLS-FO engine that can fit with my current
architecture. I am already using other engines which are based on other
technologies - not-XSL-FO. In our current architecture we are using
user-defined functions to add our proper features to the engine.

As a matter of fact, I was wondering if it is possible to integrate
user-defined functions in my XSL-FO templates and define them in Java. Then
your engine will call my Java function if necessary. I did not find any
solutions to do this on your website.

Here are examples of functions I would like to be able to call from your
engine during the generation:
 * getResourceUrl("my resource name")
 * ChangeCase($first_name_from_xml, "Upper")
 * GetId($first_name_from_xml, $last_name_from_xml)

One of the engines I am using for the moment is FreeMarker, it has this
feature. It allows developers to wrap their own objects and send them to
their engine.
cf.
http://freemarker.sourceforge.net/docs/api/freemarker/template/Template.html#process%28java.lang.Object,%20java.io.Writer,%20freemarker.template.ObjectWrapper%29

I am looking forward to hearing from you,
Nicolas DUBIEN

!DSPAM:87,51cadc459852322311333!