[xep-support] Re: RenderX XEP Server with Xalan

Alexey Gagarinov agagarinov at renderx.com
Tue Jul 2 17:28:02 PDT 2013

Nicolas,

> Is it possible to use Xalan to build the XSL-FO (in my Java code) and then send it to RenderX?

You can use any XSLT transformer to build XSL-FO in your Java code.

The main steps of a general JAXP mechanism:
1) point out javax.xml.transfrom.TransformerFactory java property to Xalan implementation of
TransformerFactory (org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl or
com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl)
2) use factory.newTransformer(<xslt_source>).

> If so, what is the most efficient way to implement it thank to your Java API?

There is a 'JAXPSample' example in our DevKit (Java Kit) -- it demonstrates XML+XSL to PDF transfromation.

You may request the DevKit from out website.

Regards,
   Alexey Gagarinov
RenderX
---