[xep-support] Issue with change bars and external graphics

Patricia Piolon ppiolon at synclude.com
Wed Mar 21 03:22:45 PDT 2012

Hi,

With the following fo I get a change bar in pdf that is only 1 line high,
even though the graphic is much higher. Is this normal behaviour?

I know I can fix it by wrapping the graphic in a block and starting/ending
the change bars before/after the block, but then it's possible for the
block to start on page 1 while the graphic gets pushed to page 2 due to
lack of space, resulting in a change bar on 'empty space' on page 1 as well
as the graphic itself on page 2. This is highly undesirable.

<fo:change-bar-begin change-bar-color="black"
         change-bar-style="solid" change-bar-offset="6mm" change-bar-class=
"d0e267"
         change-bar-placement="start"/>

<fo:external-graphic content-height="scale-to-fit"
          content-width="scale-to-fit" scaling="uniform" width="170mm" id=
"test2"
          src="url(test.jpg)"/>

<fo:change-bar-end
         change-bar-class="d0e267"/>

Thanks for any light you can shine on the issue!

-- Patricia

!DSPAM:87,4f69ac4c63731210370202!