[xep-support] Re: VisualXSL question

Kevin Brown kevin at renderx.com
Wed Jun 27 15:51:13 PDT 2012

Trevor:

VisualXSL was designed to make templates that can be used to process a
single or a batch of documents. It is well matched to our VDPMill product
which can split huge incoming XML files, spread them across a grid of
RenderX engines and format them, putting them back together as one huge
print stream (if desired).

Consequently, a "document" to VisualXSL is the single or repeating child
node of the root node. A typical XML used for VisualXSL would look like:

<batch>

                <invoice>.</invoice>

                <invoice>.</invoice>

                                .

</batch>

In your case, you can just surround the <installguide> with another node
like <document> or something. It's certainly fine to have only one document
in the design or the processing, but this also gives the opportunity to have
100 or 1000 or 10,000 documents in a batch.

Kevin Brown

RenderX