[xep-support] Re: Text in centered table

G. Ken Holman gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Sun Oct 30 08:50:30 PDT 2011

At 2011-10-30 16:29 +0300, Alexander Dyuzhev wrote:
>I want to center a table on page.
>
>First, I create simple table with two column (see Table 1).
>Text place in _one_ line in each cell.
>
>Second, I need to center this table. I enveloped my table in
>three-column table (for center on page) with use
>proportional-column-width(1) instruction (see Table2).
>But text places in _two_ or _three_ lines in each cell instead in one line.
>
>How to place the text in one line in centered table ?

Three separate ways I can think of off the top:
  - specify a width for your inner table by adding width= on the inner <table>
  - specify a width for your inner table by adding an explicit
column-width= to the second column of the outer "centring table"
  - add keep-together.within-line= to the blocks of text in your cells

I think the first is preferred, because you don't know the amount of
text you might get for your cells.

I hope this helps.

Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com

!DSPAM:87,4ead725e63731766728373!