[xep-support] Re: v 4.18 - Wingdings

Michael Sulyaev msulyaev at renderx.com
Tue Oct 18 05:27:56 PDT 2011

On 10/18/2011 02:03 PM, Szabo, Patrick (LNG-VIE) wrote:
> I’ve read online that this i a font that XEP does not support, because
> it is not unicode-enabled.

Hello Patrick,

This is true, XEP does not support such fonts.

> Is there a way to convert this font to make it unicode-enabled oder any
> other possiblity to use that font ?!

I've made a short try with FontForge: I opened the font (lots of
warnings appeared) and re-saved it as TTF under a different name. After
that I could successfully use the result with XEP.

Please consider using Adobe fonts instead if they have all the glyphs
you need (see examples/charsets in XEP installation directory).

Also please be careful with licensing: I have no idea of legal clarity
of this approach.

Regards,
Michael Sulyaev