[xep-support] not enough memory to format (Java heap size)

Alexander Dyuzhev dyuzhev at gmail.com
Thu May 5 08:57:10 PDT 2011

Hello!

I have question concerning Java heap size setting for XEPWin. For some big
xml documents (about 7Mb source .xml, and 20Mb .fo file, 500 pages) I get
the error "not enough memory to format".
I have edited .config file for Cliser service and set JAVA-OPTION to
"-Xms512M -Xmx1024M", then restart Cliser service - the same error "not
enough memory to format".
After that I open Task Manager and saw that process javaw.exe is always
using about only 290Mb of RAM.

Then I tried run just XEP (not XEPWin). The process ended with error also.
And memory size used by java.exe process is also about 290Mb.
After that I run XEP with parameters -Xms512M -Xmx1024M in xep.bat file. The
process ended successfully. BUT memory used by java.exe procces was about
690Mb.

What do I wrong ?
Why -Xms -Xmx does not affected to XEPWin ?

My computer configuration is:
2Gb RAM, 250Gb free space on hdd, Core2Duo CPU 2.4Ghz, WinXP SP3 32bit.

I use last version XEPWin (april 2011) and Java VM Version 6 Update 25.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Dyuzhev

!DSPAM:87,4dc2c8da63738053115285!