[xep-support] Re: [error] no space for an element, trying to recover

Dave Pawson dave.pawson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 05:06:15 PST 2011

On 12 February 2011 23:44, Kevin Brown <kevin at renderx.com> wrote:

> 1) output messaging that enables a user to more closely track what object
> could be causing the problem (not sure about this one). I would think an
> image versus a table with keeps or a block with keeps could be flagged ...
> not sure.

I'm processing a 300 page document and currently seeing

 [echo]  Generate the pdf - /files/book/book.original/pdf/xslfo.pdf
     [java] [error] no space for an element, trying to recover
     [java] [error] no space for an element, trying to recover
     [java] [error] no space for an element, trying to recover
     [java] [error] no space for an element, trying to recover
     [java] [error] no space for an element, trying to recover
     [java] [error] no space for an element, trying to recover
     [java] [error] no space for an element, trying to recover
     [java] [error] no space for an element, trying to recover
     [java] [error] no space for an element, trying to recover
     [java] [error] no space for an element, trying to recover

I'm finding it rather hard, and guesswork based,
to go through each page and guess what element
is causing this.

Some sort of hint  as to the source
would be very much appreciated.

for my input, candidates also include
elements for which I have set white-space retain,
e.g. program listings?

regards

--
Dave Pawson