[xep-support] Problem starting Cliser service

Ruiter, Vincent de Vincent.deRuiter at ocwduo.nl
Tue Jan 25 13:01:01 PST 2011

Hi,

We have a big problem with the Cliser service, it wont start anymore. The servers works fine on several machine, but for some reason the Windows Service wont start anymore. After starting the service we get a message telling us that the service started and stopped immediately. In the event viewer we get the following error:

Service cannot be started. System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:6580

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP)

at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

at CliserService.CliserService.OnStart(String[] args)

at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

On a working server we see 2 running javaw.exe processes in the task manager. On the non working server there is only 1 running javaw.exe proces and there is no listener proces on socket 6580. The working servers are all servers with only 1 cpu, the non working server has 4 cpu's but until yesterdag the cliser was working fine on this machine.

    kind regards,

       Vincent,...

De IB-Groep en CFI vormen per 1 januari 2010 de Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs (DUO). E-mailadressen zijn hierdoor gewijzigd. E-mail gericht aan het oude adres wordt doorgestuurd. Meer informatie over DUO? Kijk op de website: www.ocwduo.nl<http://www.ocwduo.nl/>.

!DSPAM:87,4d3f3a1463731904185578!