[xep-support] Re: erratic xep behaviour

Michael Sulyaev msulyaev at renderx.com
Thu Apr 21 03:54:34 PDT 2011

On 04/21/2011 01:33 PM, Martin Goik wrote:
> An immediate second and third invocation on the same file  successfully
> generates a PDF. Subsequent invocations lead to different validation
> errors again:

Hello Martin,

This is a known issue on 1.6.0_24 only. XT, an XSLT engine used by XEP
during validation, randomly fails on this version of JRE with described
symptoms.

No fix. We are considering an option to let you choose the engine for
validation, but this is not even scheduled yet.

The only way to proceed: disable validation stage during formatting:
$ /path/to/xep -valid -fo __doc.fo  -pdf __doc.pdf

If you need validation, extract folint.xsl from lib/xep.jar and run it
separately against your FO with Saxon.

Regards,
Michael Sulyaev
RenderX

P.S. how comes you run "xep.bat" in Linux? The XEP installer does not
pub .bat files if not in win32, it installs shell scripts called xep,
validate, and x4u.