[xep-support] How to provide Stylesheetparameters when using FAIRY?

Karl Stubsjoen stubsjoen at renderx.com
Fri Aug 20 10:11:45 PDT 2010

Friedrich,

You cannot send stylesheet parameters in your FAIRY request.  You will have
to send such types of parameters in the source xml and you will need to
modify your stylesheet(s) accordingly.  There are a number of very realistic
possibilities though, including manipulating your xml source on the fly in
front of the FAIRY request, along with some very simple changes to your
stylesheets.  Imagine you have the following xml structure:

<root>

<customer>

... customer data here ...

</customer>

</root>

Consider a dynamic process which adds parameters just in the root of the xml
source and using a custom namespace to isolate such parameters from the rest
of the document like this:

<root>

<parms:collection xmlns:parms="http://website.com/myparms">

  <parms:parm name="the-date" value="2010-10-10"/>

</parms:collection>

<customer>

... customer data here ...

</customer>

</root>

Now your stylesheet change  for the parameter value becomes:

<xsl:param name="the-date" select="//parms:parm[@name='the-date']"/>

Good luck!

Karl..

Karl Stubsjoen

Senior Sales Engineer / Professional Services RenderX, Inc. (Phoenix, AZ)

Got XML?

Get RenderX!

The Leader in XML to Print Technology

+1 (925) 392-0011 Direct

+1 (602) 451-6157 Cell  +1 (650) 328-8008 Fax

stubsjoen at renderx.com   http://www.renderx.com