[xep-support] How to handle spacing between a block _within_ a list and the block _after_ the list

Jeffrey Thalhammer thalhammer at apple.com
Tue Mar 31 18:14:52 PDT 2009

Hi there-

We have a general design rule that all blocks of text within a list
should have 8pt of spacing after them.  We also have a design rule
that a block that follows a list must have a total of 16pt spacing
between it and the last block of text in the preceeding list.  But if
the last block within the list has space-after=8pt and the block
following the list-block has space-before=16pt, then I end up with a
total of 24pt between the two.  If you render the attached FO file
with XEP, it demonstrates this case: