[xep-support] invalid bytes

Jim Mott jmott at pubdata.com
Thu Mar 26 13:46:12 PDT 2009

The Unicode value for a copyright symbol is 0x00A9 (two bytes). Did you convert your XML to UTF-8 encoding? And does the actual encoding of the XML agree with the encoding stated in the XML header (encoding="UTF-8").  If the header says UTF-8 and the XML is not UTF-8, Saxon should flag this in the XSL stage.

Jim Mott
Publishing Data Managment, Inc.