[xep-support] Bug with xep-pdf-ownerpassword instruction corrupts Page numbers in the Adobe Reader.

Volodymyr Mykhailyk Volodymyr.Mykhailyk at intelliarts.com
Mon Mar 16 09:03:28 PDT 2009

Hello,

recently we encounter issue with rendering of page numbers in Adobe
Reader. These page numbers located on the toolbar area - input box where
you can directly type the page number you want to go (screenshot attached).

screenshot of the page numbers problem
As you can see the page number is a junk character instead of roman
letters (i, ii, iii, etc) accordingly to the format attribute in the
page sequence.

These corrupted page numbers occurs as only we are setting
xep-pdf-ownerpassword processing instruction. We have seen this problem
on Xep 4.4 and Xep 4.9. Below you can find simple fo file that could be
used to reproduce this problem.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><?xep-pdf-ownerpassword
password?><?xep-pdf-userprivileges
annotate,print,copy?><?xep-pdf-initial-zoom fit?>
<fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"
         xmlns:rx="http://www.renderx.com/XSL/Extensions">
    <fo:layout-master-set>
        <fo:simple-page-master master-name="TOC-odd-page">
            <fo:region-body/>
        </fo:simple-page-master>
        <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="toc-sequence">
                <fo:conditional-page-master-reference
master-reference="TOC-odd-page" odd-or-even="odd"/>
        </fo:page-sequence-master>
    </fo:layout-master-set>
    <fo:page-sequence format="i" master-reference="toc-sequence">
        <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
            <fo:block>Contents</fo:block>
        </fo:flow>
    </fo:page-sequence>