[xep-support] Calling from servlet not working as expected.

Alexey Gagarinov agagarinov at renderx.com
Fri Jul 31 09:06:40 PDT 2009

Santosh,

> As I mentioned earlier, my sample servlet with RenderX API  does not
> good with OC4J app server (with J2SE1.4 and Servlet spec2.3).

OC4J has a built-in (preloaded) Oracle XML parser, an old and buggy one.

You should force to use Saxon XSLT transformer (Saxon is shipped with
Aelfred XML parser).

Please make sure that saxon.jat is in the classpath and try to add the
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory and
javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory properties into the launch sript:

-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=com.icl.saxon.aelfred.SAXParserFactoryImpl
-Djavax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory=com.icl.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl
com.renderx.xep.XSLDriver ...

Are you sure that XEP writes no errors/exceptions into the log
(System.err)?

Regards,
   Alexey Gagarinov
RenderX