[xep-support] Non-breaking spaces in transform

someotherlist someotherlist at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 10:21:55 PST 2009

Hello,

I'm having difficulty with specifying non-breaking spaces in my FO.

I've tried specifying   in the content, but I keep getting a
collapsed result. For the sample using the EN and EM space, the PDF
output looks the same (meaning the size of the space isn't actually
different for the EN and EM as it should be). Am I missing something
basic?

Thanks in advance,
Al

FO (using a non-breaking space)
<fo:block space-after="4pt" space-before="8pt">Lorem ipsum dolor sit
amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Sed eget nibh quis lectus accumsan
varius My&#160;Product&#160;Name.</fo:block>

PDF results
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Sed eget
nibh quis lectus accumsan varius MyProductName.
----------
FO (using a non-breaking space)
<fo:block space-after="4pt" space-before="8pt">Lorem ipsum dolor sit
amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Sed eget nibh quis lectus accumsan
varius My&#xA0;Product&#xA0;Name.</fo:block>

PDF results
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Sed eget
nibh quis lectus accumsan varius MyProductName.
----------
FO (using an EN space)
<fo:block space-after="4pt" space-before="8pt">Lorem ipsum dolor sit
amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Sed eget nibh quis lectus accumsan
varius My&#8194;Product&#8194;Name.</fo:block>

PDF results
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Sed eget
nibh quis lectus accumsan varius My Product Name.
FO (using an EM space)
<fo:block space-after="4pt" space-before="8pt">Lorem ipsum dolor sit
amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Sed eget nibh quis lectus accumsan
varius My&#8195;Product&#8195;Name.</fo:block>

PDF results