[xep-support] SSL Certificate issue

Michael Sulyaev msulyaev at renderx.com
Fri Jan 9 00:08:41 PST 2009

Story, Stacy wrote:
> Once this was active on their web server, XEP and XEPwin have started
> throwing errors.
>
> Could not retrieve image from 'https://www....com/logo-for-report.jpg':
> javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
> sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found

Hello Stacy,

XEP relies on Java and System routines for retrieving URI-referenced
resources, so there is nothing to change in XEP on this issue.

Your program may help others to spot and fix similar issues, thanks!

I believe there may be other problems of this kind, e.g. self-signed
certificates. I thought there is a way to manually import certificates
(to make them trusted) in the Security tab of jcontrol (Java Control
Panel), but I've never tried. Did not it help?

In general, I'd say that issues of this kind may and probably should be
resolved on a dedicated proxy server. This way one may protect against
temporary networking problems, along with resolving the security concerns.

Regards,
Michael Sulyaev