[xep-support] BleedBox & xep-pdf-bleed extension

G. Ken Holman gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Mon Dec 7 05:20:55 PST 2009

At 2009-12-07 12:44 +0000, mike.kelly at thomsonreuters.com wrote:
>I am looking for a way to add bleeds to a document, I have an SVG image
>that I need to overlap the main page(within the region-start &
>region-end) into the BleedBox to allow my output to be trimmed without a
>gap between the image and the edge of the trimmed page. I have looked at
>the xep-pdf-bleed, xep-pdf-bleed-mark-width extensions, but this isn't
>having the desired effect, I BleedBox is defined but I can't get the
>contents to overlap. Is there a way to use this extension to achieve the
>results I am after? If not are there any plans to extend this
>functionality in the near future to allow this?

Graphic bleeds can be supported without extensions simply by
oversizing the page edges and positioning absolutely-positioned block
containers across the cut edges.

For example, if you have a different bleed for each chapter, and each
chapter is in a page-sequence, then in the static content include an
appropriately-positioned block container and put your graphic in that
container such that it sits over top of the cut edge location.

I hope this helps.

--
XSLT/XQuery/XPath training after http://XMLPrague.cz 2010-03-15/19
Vote for your XML training:   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/i/