[xep-support] Table row start jumping to next page

ben.m.wynn at rrd.com ben.m.wynn at rrd.com
Fri Apr 10 08:48:06 PDT 2009

Hi Dan,

Got no idea why it jumps.  However you can add a
keep-with-previous.within-page="always" to the row that the ipsum text is
on and that makes it come out like you want.  I think it's thinking maybe
it can keep the two rows together on a page if it starts out on a fresh
page.

If I've got a table with rows and i'm going to start defining some
keep-together's, I find it best to define keep-together's on all rows (and
let the stylesheet point out where good places to break would be, by
changing keep-with-previous to keep-with-next on a few select rows that
start a 'group' of table data)

-Ben

Dan Ochs <dan.ochs at gmail.com>
Sent by: owner-xep-support at renderx.com
04/10/2009 07:42 AM
Please respond to
xep-support at renderx.com

xep-support at renderx.com
cc

Subject
[xep-support] Table row start jumping to next page

hi, I'm not sure if there is a solution to this, but I figured I would
ask on here anyway.  Below is some code with a layout that is
table-based.  The start of the second row jumps to the top of the
second page and I do not want it to.

If I make the table one column, the row prints on the correct page, or
if I remove the  keep-with-previous.within-page="always" attribute the
table renders as desired.  Unfortunately I want to keep both table
columns and the keep condition.  I'm trying to figure out a way to
have the last row of the table always be on the same page as the
ending of the row above it.  It looks like this condition is met, but
the beginning of the table row is dropped to the top of the second
page. I'm not sure if a keep attribute with integer value would work
for this, but I don't think renderx supports it.

any help is appreciated!
dan