[xep-support] How can I catch the XEP.bat output?

G. Ken Holman gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Mon Sep 1 07:16:47 PDT 2008

At 2008-09-01 15:43 +0200, Kirch Fritz wrote:
>I want to redirect the XEP.BAT output to a log-file.
>How can I do this?
>
>In my own BAT-file I tried
>
>CALL XEP.BAT -fo myfo.fo -pdf mypdf.pdf >>logfile.txt
>
>But logfile.txt is always empty.
>
>Can anybody help me?

Try changing the port output being saved:

   CALL XEP.BAT -fo myfo.fo -pdf mypdf.pdf 2>logfile.txt

... because the errors go to the error port, not to standard output.

I hope this helps.

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses:      Wellington, NZ 2009-01
G. Ken Holman                 mailto:gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com