[xep-support] Problem with xinclude?

Dave Pawson dave.pawson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 05:56:25 PST 2008

2008/11/26 Thomas Christensen <tchristensen at nordija.com>:
> Ok. Generating a complete all in one xml file will also improve the
> validation part of docbook 4.5+xincludes.
> However - it works when I use XEP from within XMLEditor instead of the
> commmand line XEP!
>
> The normal xincludes (ie. href actually points to a file) works in both
> places, and only the xpointer versions fails.

Once you can see what is happening on the command line,
you can guess what the editor is doing behind the scenes and
then you choose how to do it.

Someone / something has to expand the includes prior to processing.
xInclude is just the same in docbook 5 btw, just that you have
relax NG to work with instead of the DTD's.

HTH

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.