[xep-support] Page contents do not protrode onto bleed

Mark Cilia Vincenti markciliavincenti at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 09:25:45 PST 2008

As such bleeding the same colour as the background would not be such a good
idea. The page needs to go inside the bleed.

I found a way to 'cheat'. Apparently the page starts and ends right in the
middle of the crop mark. So if you do a crop mark that's 4mm wide, then the
required effect is achieved. However, the result is confusing to printers
because with such a wide cropmark, they wouldn't know where they need to
cut, even though it may be obvious to us.

I basically need to achieve the result of the below but with 1px cropmarks
starting right at the inside edge of the cropmarks that these will produce:

  <xsl:processing-instruction
name="xep-pdf-crop-mark-width">4mm</xsl:processing-instruction>
  <xsl:processing-instruction
name="xep-pdf-crop-offset">14mm</xsl:processing-instruction>
  <xsl:processing-instruction
name="xep-pdf-bleed">0mm</xsl:processing-instruction>
  <xsl:processing-instruction
name="xep-pdf-bleed-mark-width">0mm</xsl:processing-instruction>
  <xsl:processing-instruction name="xep-pdf-printer-mark">url('C:\Program
Files\RenderX\XEP\images\colorbar.svg')</xsl:processing-instruction>
  <xsl:processing-instruction name="xep-pdf-printer-mark">url('C:\Program
Files\RenderX\XEP\images\registration.svg')</xsl:processing-instruction>
  <xsl:processing-instruction
name="xep-pdf-linearize">false</xsl:processing-instruction>

This would give a 2mm bleed around and would put a smile on the printers'
faces :)