[xep-support] how can I create a watermark in my output?

Michael Sulyaev msulyaev at renderx.com
Tue Nov 11 22:23:06 PST 2008

Dan Ochs wrote:
> I noticed in the latest release of xep there is a watermark
> extension, but I don't see any examples of it and am unfamiliar with
> the xep output format.

Hello Dan,

Ken is right (as usual, thanks!).

I just wanted to clarify that rx:watermark extension is something
different and would not suite your needs here. This extension is
intended for use when you have quite a lot of things to format in
static-content (compared to the content of fo:flow) on each page. This
extension helps to save time required to format these static-contents.

XEP output format is what you get by `xep -fo input.fo -xep output.xep`,
described in Appendix E in http://www.renderx.com/reference.html.

In your case, fo:region-body/@background-image is clearly the best choice.

Regards,
Michael Sulyaev