[xep-support] PDF File size

Michael Sulyaev msulyaev at renderx.com
Thu Nov 6 04:34:44 PST 2008

Justin Lipton wrote:
> Any idea what could be causing this difference?

Hello Justin.
I have inspected the files. Can you claim any of the two renderings
being wrong? I cannot. The reason for the difference is likely to be the
[special] handling of white space at the end of a text node (after ':'
in a1.fo).

You would not be surprised that
<fo:inline>W</fo:inline><fo:inline>A</fo:inline><fo:inline>V</fo:inline>
is rendered differently from
<fo:inline>WAV</fo:inline>
, would you? Kerning may not happen in the former case (across element
boundaries).

But why do you compare the renderings of two similar but different FO
files? What is your goal? Regression testing? Than why are the FOs
different?

Regards,
Michael Sulyaev