[xep-support] Using catalog resolver of XEP

Dave Pawson dave.pawson at gmail.com
Wed May 14 00:00:25 PDT 2008

2008/5/13 Slomp, Martinus <MSlomp at kluwer.nl>:
> Hi,
>
>  I have been struggling with the catalog resolver of XEP for a while. I want to know if it is possible to assign a catalog resolver to XEP from within Apache Cocoon.
>
>  Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction?

Could I suggest that you look at using the resolver in the XSLT stage,
rather than the fo to ps|PDF stages?

E.g. using Saxon in a seperate step:

java   -cp /sgml:/myjava/saxon655.jar:/myjava/xerces.jar:/myjava/resolver.jar
 com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet   -o $3  -x
org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.ResolvingXMLReader -y
org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.ResolvingXMLReader -r
org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.CatalogResolver  -w1 $1  $2
"saxon.extensions=1"  $4 $5 $6

The -x -y parameters ensure catalog resolution is obtained.
Note that a CatalogManager.properties file must be on the classpath.
e.g.

#Controls the operation of the xml catalog manager
#CatalogManager.properties

verbosity=0

relative-catalogs=yes

# Always use semicolons in this list
catalogs=/sgml/catalog.xml

prefer=public

static-catalog=yes

allow-oasis-xml-catalog-pi=yes

catalog-class-name=org.apache.xml.resolver.Resolver

HTH

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.