FW: [xep-support] Percentage symbol in Arabic

Krister Wicksell krister.wicksell at zert.se
Tue Jun 3 01:47:01 PDT 2008

Hi,

Thanks for your reply! It seams like this is dependent on the editor used when
writing the Arabic text. For example when i try to type 20% in the middle of
the Arabic text using KWrite or OpenOffice.org the percentage symbol
automatically moves to the left, %20. These editors displays the text
correctly but the PDF is rendered incorrect.

But when I do the same in JEdit the percentage symbol is not moved but the PDF
is rendered correctly.

Which editor did you use when editing the file?

Best Regards
Krister Wicksell

Zert AB
Hamngatan 7