AW: AW: [xep-support] XSLFO: trouble with text-align-last="justify" and linefeed-treatment="preserve"

Michael Sulyaev msulyaev at renderx.com
Mon Jan 21 09:38:19 PST 2008

G. Ken Holman wrote:
> By "real world" I would have more thought about the nature of the
> problem being solved, not the technical aspects of the problem that
> don't work based on a preconceived notion.

Hello Ken,
Thanks for help! Surely Fritz is doing a TOC with strong publisher's
requirements, and I hope it is not for a generic data, but just for one
document, so there is a chance to get the work done by just fixing cases
where needed.

Currently the only solution I have found is (derived from the what Fritz
has sent):

<block end-indent="10cm" background-color="blue"
text-align="start">Michael Sulyaev and <block/>
<block keep-together.within-line="always"
text-align-last="justify">Friedrich Kirch<leader
leader-pattern="dots"/>12345</block>
</block>

That is, one must know that two words must precede the leader and the
page number on the same line, and he must be able to produce what I've
shown above. That is indeed not the usual way to produce TOC.

I was also thinking about an approach with several keeps of different
strength:
<inline keep="1">word1 <inline keep="2">word2 <inline
, where 'keep' is 'keep-together.within-line'. The formatter would break
'outer' inlines first. But we do not support numeric keeps in XEP,
unfortunately.

Michael Sulyaev
http://www.renderx.net
http://www.renderx.com