[xep-support] Re: SVG- Rendering issue. - Please HELP!

Michael Sulyaev msulyaev at renderx.com
Fri Jan 18 02:11:21 PST 2008

Vikas Jadhav wrote:
>     I have to render mathml for one of the Math publication. So I used
>     SVG (saved using EPS, which has math equation) and stored at
>     location, the reference of this location and filename is given in
>     XML file. But I fail to render SVG in output.
>
>     Maybe I am giving some wrong inputs to FO engine, Is there any way
>     to render SVG (which consists mathml code) or using JPG is better?
>     Also it would be helpful, if you provide list of graphic formats
>     supported in RenderX for example EPS, PNG, SVG, TIF, JPG others if any.

Hello Vikas,

XEP does not support MathML natively. In order to embed your MathML code
into PDF or PS with XEP, you need to convert it to one of supported
graphic formats listed on
http://www.renderx.com/reference.html#SupportedGraphicFormats with the
help of an external tool. Converting to a vector graphics is preferred
if you need high quality output. One tool for this conversion I've heard
about is SVGMath written in Python:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/svgmath/ .

Michael Sulyaev
http://www.renderx.net