[xep-support] About french hyphenation (again)

Jirka Kosek jirka at kosek.cz
Thu Jan 3 06:39:15 PST 2008

Jacques Foucry wrote:

> In think I found an explanation to issue with the word "lancée". In fact
> I've other words in the hyphenation section of frhyp_rx.tex file. The
> hyphenation work for those word but does not for lan-cée. May be the 'é'
> letter is misunderstand.
> How can I do for those kind of words, with accents ?

You can specify encoding of your hyphenation file in xep.xml by
something like:

 <language name="French" codes="fr fra fre">
      <hyphenation pattern="frhyph_rx.tex" encoding="utf-8"/>
    </language>

Of course you have to replace utf-8 with encoding you actually used for
saving frhyp_rx.tex file.

  Jirka Kosek      e-mail: jirka at kosek.cz      http://xmlguru.cz