[xep-support] PDF print layer support ?

Michael Sulyaev msulyaev at renderx.com
Mon Dec 15 10:54:28 PST 2008

Christian Kriebel wrote:
> PDF supports a concept of layering
> (http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Reader/8.0/help.html?content=WS58a04a822e3e50102bd615109794195ff-7bdc.html).
>
> For example layers would allow to define a logo on a layer -1, which
> means the logo would be visible when the PDF is viewed on screen, but
> would not be printed (very useful if the document is printed on
> pre-printed sheets).
>
> Is this possible with Xep or is it planned for future releases ?

Hello Christian,

PDF Generator in XEP does not produces documents with layers now. This
feature has been added to our "request for enhancements" list. You may
help providing use cases and developing a specification for the feature
on XSL FO level, as well as on XEPOUT level, if you have time and need,
of course.

Regards,
Michael Sulyaev