[xep-support] Need sidebars to span multi-column layout

Scott Hudson scott.hudson at flatironssolutions.com
Tue Dec 9 11:30:42 PST 2008

Hi,

I have content in chapters and sections that contain sidebars. I need
these sidebars to span the multi-column layout. I tried to modify my
sidebar template to use <rx:flow-section>, but get the following errors:
    [error] Element 'rx:flow-section' cannot be a child of 'fo:block'.
Only block-level or inline-level elements are permitted in this context.
    [error] Element 'rx:flow-section' must be a direct descendant of 'flow'.

Is there some other way I can get these sidebars to span columns?

Thanks and best regards,

--Scott