[xep-support] Images with transparent back-ground colour

Els van Trigt evtrigt at ambrac.nl
Mon Aug 11 06:53:27 PDT 2008

Does anyone know how to add a transparent color to a (black-and-white) image
<fo:external-graphic>?

I've tried <background-color> but this does not work; it only colors those
(back-ground)parts that are not covered by the image. I've also tried to use
a block-container  (with color) over the image but this does not work. What
I need is an overlay in a specific color.

Anyone any experience with this? (If nothing works, we will have to convert
the image, but we prefer not to do this.)

Help is appreciated, thanks!

Els van Trigt