[xep-support] large blank area

Teus Benschop teusjannette at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 11:12:41 PDT 2008

Hello,

I must be doing something wrong, but just can't find out what is the
cause of it.

Available is file xep.fo at http://bibledit.org/xep.fo. If transformed
to .pdf through xep 4.11, something unexpected happens.

The resulting .pdf file consists of 4 pages. The first page is fully
filled, the second page has only two lines and the rest of the page is
blank, and the last two pages are filled normally.

The xsl-fo code is written in such a way that the texts belonging to
"test", "Young Literal Translation" and "King James Bible" all stay on
one page. All of these blocks of texts are nested in a block as below:
<fo:block keep-together.within-page="always">

When this xep.fo file would be converted to .pdf I had expected that all
of the sets of text, as given above, would remain on one page. That is
actually what we are looking for, but I seem to not be able to get that
done in the way it has been coded now.

Any help that could lead to a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Teus Benschop