[xep-support] fo:change-bar with lists

Momadou FAYE momadou.faye at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 10:32:26 PDT 2007

Hello xep-support community,

I'm experiencing some problems with change bars :

I have a document that uses fo:change-bar tags
to mark an area displaying data with a list-item structure.

The PDF file, generated with XEP v4.10, shows change
bars in the left margin, facing the modified area.

My problem is that sometimes no change bars are
visible for the children elements of list-items.

This looks like a previously reported issue about change-bars :

 From: Sergey Groznyh
<gsm at renderx.com<gsm at renderx.com?Subject=Re:%20%5Bxep-support%5D%20Change-bar%20behavior>>

Date: Fri Mar 25 2005 - 21:33:04 PST

Hello Jim,

*> Could somebody from RenderX clarify this situation and, if I'm doing *
*> something wrong, tell me how to correct it. If XEP 4.2 does not, in fact,
*
*> support the change-bar-begin/-end elements "everywhere", is there some *
*> guess about when a version that does support that capability might show
up? *

There was a bug regarding change-bars processing in lists, it's already
fixed and the fix will be included into upcoming 4.3 release of XEP,
along with the nessessary changes in FO validation stylesheet to allow
change-bars almost anywhere in flow.

Cheers,

--
Sergey Groznyh

Is this problem relevant to the "almost anywhere in the flow" exceptions,
and still applicable for XEP v4.10 ?

If the answer is yes, are there any fixes planned for the next release of
XEP ?

Best regards,
Momadou FAYE