[xep-support] RE: Calculate mid-point of column using inherited-property-value

Angela Williams Angela.Williams at the401kcompany.com
Wed Sep 5 06:20:30 PDT 2007

Yes, I have tried text-align="{$string}".  - The XEP User Guide
specifies that aligning on a character is not supported. We've actually
tried a number of different options, but in each case, the midpoint of
the table-cell has to be specified to get the output I want:
+-------------+
|  My Column  |
+-------------+
|   123.123   |
|     1.1234  |
| 12345.1     |
|    12.12    |
+-------------+

The bottom line is that you must specify the center of the cell, that
is, where the dot belongs.

Leader: The only way to get the dot centered is to adjust the
leader-length and leader-pattern-width.
<fo:block font-size="9pt"
   >0<fo:leader leader-pattern="use-content"
leader-length=".4in">.113</fo:leader>
</fo:block>

<fo:block font-size="9pt">
  <fo:list-block provisional-distance-between-starts=".4in"
provisional-label-separation="0pt">
    <fo:list-item>
      <fo:list-item-label end-indent="label-end()">
	  <fo:block>24</fo:block>
      </fo:list-item-label>
      <fo:list-item-body start-indent="body-start()">
        <fo:block text-align="left">.3</fo:block>
      </fo:list-item-body>
    </fo:list-item>
  </fo:list-block>
</fo:block>

Inline-container: This should work according to the spec, but, alas,
RenderX does not do it right. Ditto about specifying the center, though.
<fo:block font-size="9pt">
   <fo:inline-container
width=".4in"><fo:block>19</fo:block></fo:inline-container>.446
</fo:block>

You would not need to specify the center (.4in) if
"inherited-property-value(column-width)" was valid.

Thanks!
Angela