[xep-support] RE: Calculate mid-point of column using inherited-property-value

Angela Williams Angela.Williams at the401kcompany.com
Tue Sep 4 14:57:41 PDT 2007

Since text-align="$string" does not work in XEP, I am trying to simulate
it with brute force.

I need to align the table column centered on the decimal.  This only
works if I can give the midpoint of the column in a specific value for
leader-length and leader-pattern-width, as shown in the second cell
below.

At the point my table-cell block value is being written, I don't have
access to the value set for column-width, and the width may not be set
to a specific value (proportional).

How do I calculate the midpoint value when I don't have access to a
specific width?  'inherited-property-value(column-width) div 2' does not
work...

<fo:table table-layout="fixed" text-align="center" width="100%">
   <fo:table-column column-number="1"
column-width="proportional-column-width(1)"/>
   <fo:table-column column-number="2" column-width="1in"/>
   <fo:table-body>
     <fo:table-row>
       <fo:table-cell>
         <fo:block>$123,456<fo:leader
                          leader-pattern="use-content"

leader-length="inherited-property-value(column-width) div 2"

leader-pattern-width="inherited-property-value(column-width) div
2">.78</fo:leader>
         </fo:block>
       </fo:table-cell>
       <fo:table-cell>
         <fo:block>$123,456<fo:leader
                          leader-pattern="use-content"
                          leader-length=".5in"
                          leader-pattern-width=".5in">.78</fo:leader>
         </fo:block>
       </fo:table-cell>
     </fo:table-row>
   </fo:table-body>