[xep-support] Bidi LRM (left-to-right-mark) glyph appears in PDF

jim quest quest.jim at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 07:36:04 PDT 2007

Dear All,
I am creating Arabic documents. When I use LRM (left-to-right-marks) in my
FO file, and compose PDF using xep4, I get in my PDF document a visible
glyph (a thin bar topped with an arrow pointing right).

However, this glyph should be invisible, as it is any browsers, and also
when viewing text with this character in Word documents, using the same
font.

Why is this glyph visible in PDFs creating using XEP? any ideas to suppress
this?

The unicode of this character is 200E

I am using Arial or any other font that supports Arabic glyphs.

thanks!
jim