[xep-support] Who to use XSLT with Java-implementation

Michael Sulyaev msulyaev at renderx.com
Thu Nov 22 01:41:36 PST 2007

Bastian Kroll wrote:
> Maybe somebody from RenderX is reading this and will give me a short hint to
> solve my problem

Hi Bastian,

XEP is a Java program and may be integrated into custom Java code.
However, integration requires a license for "Connectivity Kit" (DevKit,
http://renderx.com/tools/devkit.html), and Java API is not public.
Please re-post your initial question to dedicated support line
(support at renderx.com), which is mainly devoted to integration.

I agree with Dave. If I have a set of arbitrary XML files which are to
be rendered to PDF, I would do a two step process: find out if a file is
'final' (does not have xml-stylesheet PI) - pass it to XEP as FO (and
catch errors), otherwise apply a transform and check if it's 'final'
again (it is possible that there will appear a new xml-stylesheet PI,
and the iterations may or may not end). When done, consider
optimizations to avoid serialization and parsing. There are different
ways to do it.

Michael Sulyaev
http://www.renderx.net
http://www.renderx.com