[xep-support] Who to use XSLT with Java-implementation

Dave Pawson dave.pawson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 02:43:44 PST 2007

On 21/11/2007, Bastian Kroll <bk at classwizard.com> wrote:> Hi,> I´ve got a problem wih using XSLT-Stylesheets.> First my szenario:> I have a XML-File, from this file I call the XSL-Stylesheet. When I´m using> the command-line with> java -jar /<path_to_the_xep>/xep.jar -xml /<path_to_the_xml>/Pageheader.xml> It´s running well without errors.
Think of it as two steps.1. Convert the XML to xsl-fo2. Convert the xsl-fo to PDF using xep
>> Now I have a Java-Programm and want XEP to use the stylesheet as well. The> call is:> But now I´m getting a Exception> com.renderx.xep.lib.FormatterException: Invalid XSL FO source: 1 error found> during validation> I´ve got no Iidea, how to make XEP to use the XSL Transformation. Can> anybody give me some help?> In the attachment is my XML- an XSL-File.
If you run Saxon as the step 1then XEP as step 2you will find out where the error is.
If you want to run both together, read about the xep command line parametersbut I'd suggest you get used to a two step process until you are used towhat is happening.

HTH

-- Dave PawsonXSLT XSL-FO FAQ.http://www.dpawson.co.uk