[xep-support] Page Sequence Master Question

Chris Bowditch bowditch_chris at hotmail.com
Mon May 21 06:46:22 PDT 2007

Hi,

I want to be able to repeat an arbitrary number of simple page masters.
I started by trying to repeat just two s-p-m elements using the
following snippet in my layout-master-set:

<fo:page-sequence-master master-name="firstsecond">
		<fo:single-page-master-reference master-reference="first"/>
		<fo:single-page-master-reference master-reference="second"/>
</fo:page-sequence-master>
<fo:page-sequence-master master-name="all">
	<fo:repeatable-page-master-reference master-reference="firstsecond"/>
</fo:page-sequence-master>

(I realise that I can achieve the same affect using odd/even
conditional-page-master-references but I what if I have 3 or 4 s-p-m
elements to repeat?)

When I run the above FO, XEP chokes with the following error message:

     [error] Value 'firstsecond' of attribute 'master-reference' must
match the '
master-name' attribute of a simple page master for
'fo:repeatable-page-master-re
ference'.

This seems to imply that XEP does not support page-sequence-master
elements that reference other page-sequence-master elements. However, my
XSL-FO book suggests it should be allowed. Who's right?

Thanks,

Chris